Saturday, June 12, 2010

Middle Eastern Dinner

This was our dinner in Aspen last night.


First we made the falafel:
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 red onion
1 garlic clove
1 tsp coriander
1 cup parsley
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin

We mixed it all up in the food processor, made little falafel balls, and fried them in coconut oil.




The falafels didn't hold together too well, so they really didn't taste like falafel. We're going to try them again tomorrow, with more of a deep frying method.


This is the yummy salad my mom made, with spinach, tomatoes, olives, and green peppers. We were going to put feta cheese in there, but we forgot.



I made the tahini, which was probably the biggest success. I never knew that tahini and tahini sauce were two different things. I bought raw organic tahini, and I was surprised when I opened the jar and it didn't taste good. I looked up this recipe online at the last minute and it was delicious.

1/2 cup tahini
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
3 T olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 T parsley
1/4 tsp cumin
1 T cilantro
2 T water

Mix it all up in the food processor, it was great with the falafel and we dipped orange pepper slices in it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment