This is so simple I can't believe I didn't learn it sooner. So much easier than hard boiling eggs. Especially with my pastured eggs, they are fresh from the farm so the shells don't come off well with hard boiling. I poach 2 eggs in the microwave then throw them in a glass dish and take them to work.
• 1 large egg
• 1/8 teaspoon white vinegar
• 1/3 cup water
• salt and pepper
1. Add the water and white vinegar to a 6 ounce custard cup.
2. Break egg into cup, pierce egg yolk with toothpick, and cover dish loosely with plastic wrap.
3. Place in microwave and cook for 50 seconds or until desired doneness.
4. You may need to experiment with cooking times based on the wattage of your microwave and taste preference.
5. Immediately remove egg from hot water with a slotted spoon as it will continue to cook.
6. Serve with salt and pepper to taste.