Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Blueberry Muffin Showdown
This morning I made two different grain free blueberry muffins, and left it up to my family taste testers to determine the winner.
First, the Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins:
2 cups almond flour (almond meal)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/3 cup water
12 drops liquid Splenda
1 cup blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Mix dry ingredients together well.
3) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full), top with blueberries, and bake for about 15 minutes.
Next, the Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoons honey
8 ounces organic fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 drops liquid splenda
1. Blend together eggs, butter, coconut milk, honey, salt, and vanilla.
2. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and thoroughly mix into batter until there are no lumps.
3. Drain blueberries and dry with paper towels. Add to batter with a spoon.
4. Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
The coconut muffins, by a unanimous vote!